Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garbage disposals

Do garbage disposals have to be hardwired in? I need to change one and
I thought about adding an outlet so it can be plugged in. Wiring the
thing in underneath the sink is a royal pain.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

JIMMIE wrote:
Do garbage disposals have to be hardwired in? I need to change one and
I thought about adding an outlet so it can be plugged in. Wiring the
thing in underneath the sink is a royal pain.

No.

Your thinking is correct. An outlet is much better than hardwiring.

Position the outlet high in the most convenient location and toward the
front.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 17, 2:39*pm, Joe wrote:
On Sep 17, 10:31*am, JIMMIE wrote:

snip
I figure anything I can
do to make it easier will be a lot of help. I am even considering
pulling the sink out.

Go for it. That's the first thing a pro would do in that situation.

Joe

I went ahead and pulled the sink cutting the pipe in places that would
be easy to replace. Geez it didnt take 20 minutes. I may replace the
sink, I didnt realize what a chintsy sink this thing was. I would have
probably warped the bottom of the sink trying to take the lock ring
off. Found that some genius glued pieces of the PVC trap together they
shouldnt have. That would explain a lot of my frustration with this
project. Throwing all this junk away is getting to sound like a great
idea. usenet groups are theraputic.

Jimmie

are the septic assist garbage disposals a good idea [email protected] Home Repair 7 October 26th 08 07:17 PM
Garbage Disposals Freckles Home Repair 9 June 26th 07 10:45 PM
Septic tanks, garbage disposals, dishwashers. rile Home Repair 11 July 28th 04 06:53 AM
Garbage disposals Consumer Reports TOM KAN PA Home Repair 1 April 19th 04 05:27 AM
Any garbage disposals impervious to chlorine? Anthony Ewell Home Repair 4 March 4th 04 01:32 AM