Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default WARNING, WILL ROBINSON! ACTUAL METAL QUESTION!

Stay with Apex brand by Cooper tools.

You are probably referring to their ACR bits.

http://www.coopertools.com/brands/fastening/index.cfm

open up the catalog for fastener tools

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"SteveB" wrote in message
When looking for Phillips #2 bits, I look for the ones that have
the little grooves on the tips. For some reason, I have found
that they grip better, last longer, and will work at a slight
angle. But I have found them hard to find. When I ask a
salesman, they give me the same look one gets when you ask a two
year old how his last orgasm was.

Is there a special name or brand for these. I must have 100
bits in my cabinets, and most suck because they are too pointed.
These I am referring to look like they have the tip ground off,
look kind of rounded when looked at from the side, and have
grooves perpendicular to the main axis around the flutes.

Steve