Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spincircles spincircles is offline

Default Newby: How to remove collet closer from SB 9" tool Room Lathe?

On Sep 17, 12:29*pm, RBnDFW wrote:
spincircles wrote:
Can anyone direct me to an on-line tutotial to *me Remove collet
Closer from SB 9" lathe?

My Goal: Take apart my SB 9" lathe so I can move it.

I assume I must do these things:

1) *Remove collet closer assembly behind head stock (I'm no dummy, but
can't figure out how)
2) *Remove cover to change gears (collet closer assembly currently
prevents this
3) *Gain acces to bolts securing head stock to bed and remove the head
stock.

I know nothing about my lathe. *I bought cheap but will not be able to
run it until I retire and take some classes at the community college.
Frequent job related moves= never found any chip-making buddies to
help me through this (or to help me move it while still heavy /
assembled).

Any help appreciated:

Pat

Pat, where are you located?- Hide quoted text -

I live in the Metro Detroit Area, Oakland County.
Pat