Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Newby: How to remove collet closer from SB 9" tool Room Lathe?

Can anyone direct me to an on-line tutotial to me Remove collet
Closer from SB 9" lathe?

My Goal: Take apart my SB 9" lathe so I can move it.

I assume I must do these things:

1) Remove collet closer assembly behind head stock (I'm no dummy, but
can't figure out how)
2) Remove cover to change gears (collet closer assembly currently
prevents this
3) Gain acces to bolts securing head stock to bed and remove the head
stock.

I know nothing about my lathe. I bought cheap but will not be able to
run it until I retire and take some classes at the community college.
Frequent job related moves= never found any chip-making buddies to
help me through this (or to help me move it while still heavy /
assembled).

Any help appreciated:

Pat
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

spincircles wrote:
[...]

Pat, where are you located?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 17, 12:29*pm, RBnDFW wrote:
spincircles wrote:
[...]

Pat, where are you located?- Hide quoted text -

I live in the Metro Detroit Area, Oakland County.
Pat
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

spincircles wrote:
[...]

That area ought to be crawling with retired machinists.
Anyone?