The Other James

Default How much weight can a wall support (mounting a cabinet on a wall)

Larry Kraus wrote:

How do you join this screw strip to the cabinet? I've looked through
many cabinetry books and articles without finding many details on this
connection. Looking at most manufactured kitchen wall cabinets, it
appears that the strip just fits between the end panels and squeezes
the back panel to the wall. Since the back panel is usually just a
stapled-on piece of eighth inch ply or hardboard, I'm unable to see
where the strength is.

The top screw strip should be attached to the top of the cabinet and also at the
ends, to each side panel. The bottom one should be attached to the bottom and
the sides.