Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob G[_3_] Rob G[_3_] is offline

Default Increase in DIY - there is hope for humanity?

On 17 Sep, 23:13, Tim S wrote:
Rob G coughed up some electrons that declared:

On 17 Sep, 09:48, Tim S wrote:

"B&Q owner Kingfisher has seen its half-year profits increase by more
than a third, saying it was benefiting from a "renewed consumer interest"
in DIY."

If the claim is correct, I sense a small amount of hope for humanity.
Could the general trend of people becoming more helpless be reversing?

Or will A&E just get busier...

Tim - "Or will A&E just get busier..."

You are clearly prescient. *I had an argument with the planer
yesterday; hadn't used it for a long time and had a moment's aberation
resulting in the loss of some skin from the back of a finger. *Nothing
serious but I did go along to the local practice this morning to get
it properly dressed.

Rob

If I had the power to curse, there are many people who would be in the queue
ahead of you Rob ;-

Ow - hurts like buggery though I bet. I took 0.5mm of skin in a tiny patch
off the back of my finger when I was a kid - either a plane or a chisel - I
forget. ow ow ow... Still feel it just thinking about it.

Back of fingers are clearly far less occupied with sensitive nerves
than the fronts thanks goodness, so the pain level wasn't that
significant - just the amount of blood which fortunately I stemmed
successfully with a suitable dressing in the First Aid box ..... and
went back to planing making sure I didn't lose anything else.

Rob