Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell[_2_] SteveBell[_2_] is offline

Default Garbage Disposal Wiring

HeyBub | 2009-09-16 | 7:01:31 PM wrote:

Josh wrote:
My house doesn't have a Garbage Disposal (nor do I foresee wanting
one) but since I'm replacing drywall behind the kitchen sink and
adding another outlet over the countertop, I want to run the wires
for a GD while I'm in there. It might make the house more
desirable if I ever decide to sell. I'm thinking of having a
double switch box to the right of the sink, with one switch for a
small flourescent light mounted over the sink and the other switch
for the GD.

What about the dishwaser?

A switch for the dishwasher is--well, I don't know what it is, but it
isn't good.

My first house had such a switch. One night, after I'd lived there for
years, I spent an hour taking the dishwasher apart to figure out why it
wouldn't work. Someone had turned off the switch that had never been
turned off before.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement