Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] oldhenwife@googlemail.com is offline

Default Increase in DIY - there is hope for humanity?

On 17 Sep, 14:50, S Viemeister wrote:
Tim Downie wrote:
Adrian C wrote:
Tim S wrote:

"B&Q owner Kingfisher has seen its half-year profits increase by
more than a third, saying it was benefiting from a "renewed consumer
interest" in DIY."

Not so long ago, B&Q claimed they were making a pitch for the female
shoppers of "fashionable home decoration" items. I haven't seen any
pink screwdrivers though ...

Maybe not in B&Q but...

http://thingsfestive.weddingstar.com...+30+Piece+Tool...

When our daughter moved into a shared flat, we bought her a set of tools
with pink or purple handles (not the ones in your link), so that they'd
be readily distinguishable from those of her male flatmates. *They're
very good tools, but a bit 'fluffy-looking', so less likely to be
absorbed into someone else's toolbox. Turns out, not only was she the
only one with any tools, she was the only one who knew how to use them,
having grown up in a home where both parents actually possess practical
skills.

Yes, when one of our sons joined the RAF he was the only newbie who
could iron his own shirts and press his trousers - even the girls
couldn't do it. And that was 25 years ago.

Mary