Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default New-fangled Electrickery Meters ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
A few months back, my old mechanical meter was replaced with one of these
small white Landis & Gyr jobs that has an LCD display, and a small blue
button to cycle through the available displays of recorded units, totals,
time etc. I check it most days, and was surprised to find that this
morning, at 9am, it was still reading Economy 7 units - or whatever they
call them these days. A few minutes later, the reading had increased by
one, confirming that it was indeed still recording night units. I scrolled
through the readings, and was intrigued to find that the clock was 4 hours
slow, so the meter did indeed 'think' that it was still in the Economy 7
period.

So, does anyone know how the clock is set on these ? I was present,
chatting to the fitter the whole time he was doing the job, and I don't
recall him doing anything to the meter, other than removing it from the
box, screwing it to the board, and wiring it in.

Does it have large metal washer thingy embedded in it, probably under a
cover? I think that it's programmed through this somehow.

tim