Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spincircles spincircles is offline

Default Newby: How to remove collet closer from SB 9" tool Room Lathe?

Can anyone direct me to an on-line tutotial to me Remove collet
Closer from SB 9" lathe?

My Goal: Take apart my SB 9" lathe so I can move it.

I assume I must do these things:

1) Remove collet closer assembly behind head stock (I'm no dummy, but
can't figure out how)
2) Remove cover to change gears (collet closer assembly currently
prevents this
3) Gain acces to bolts securing head stock to bed and remove the head
stock.

I know nothing about my lathe. I bought cheap but will not be able to
run it until I retire and take some classes at the community college.
Frequent job related moves= never found any chip-making buddies to
help me through this (or to help me move it while still heavy /
assembled).

Any help appreciated:

Pat