Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Whitehouse spying on social networking sites

On Sep 16, 3:23*pm, Ignoramus31381 ignoramus31...@NOSPAM.
On 2009-09-16, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:49:51 -0500, Ignoramus31381

On 2009-09-16, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:45:49 -0500, Ignoramus31381

On 2009-09-16, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
"Janet_of_all_trades" wrote in message
What does this have to do with metalworking? Lets keep to the topic..

+1

Besides, what is described is not even "spying". Spying would be more
along of what the Bush administration did, that is, obtaining a secret
tap to Internet network traffic. What is described here is a simple
lookup of information that was intended to be public. It is analogous
to googling my own name to see who mentioned me.

Those who believe that looking at public blogs is "spying",
live in a fantasy world.

Now the next question Comrade..is why are they bothering to keep
detailed records of who posted what..and when?

Think hard before answering about our Marxists in charge.

Read the solicitation form the White House:

http://www.nlpc.org/sites/default/fi...WHOS090003.pdf

You will see that it seeks to comply with Presidential Records act and
seeks to "archive PRA content" that is posted by persons covered by
PRA, on external websites.

It is a very simple document.

When Republicans spin this PRA archiving project to make it look like
"spying", the only thing is accomplishes is it makes them look
dishonest.

The way I look at it, people who spread this story are dishonest, and
people who believe it are suckers.

And the Purpose doesnt bother *you very much, does it? *So you are
saying that Obama and Co. are telling you the truth. Right?

That will be a first, wont it?

They are required to comply with the Presidential Records Act and to
archive public content posted by PRA covered persons (as wlel as
ensuing discussions). That does not bother me. I also cannot call it
spying.

Let's say that I was archiving my posts and replies to my posts in
this newsgroup. Would that be spying?

Of course not. Further, let's say that you were REQUIRED BY LAW to
archive those posts and replies. Would Gunner call that spying? Well,
he might, if your name happened to be Obama.