Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnard Mike Barnard is offline

Default Advice on wall building please. A single leaf, 40 year old wall has been vandalised. What to replace it with?

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:26:04 +0100, Mike Barnard
wrote:

Hi all.

I am writing on behalf of a friend who lives in an ex council area.
She lives in a terraced house that backs on to a garage compound,
which in turn backs on to a main road.

A few weeks ago a section about 10 feet long was demolished. The
residents cleaned it up, bought barriers out of their own money and
have had builders in giving quotes. But last night the rest of the
wall was demolished. That's about another 40 feet of it.

Thanks for your ideas all. Yes, the police are involved as are the
council, but apart from a promise of more patrols we don't expect
much.

Still waiting on land registry results, but the consensus is (if we
can get planning) to put up a steel fence with a climbing, thorny
plant on it. Any reccomendations for this plant? Something exotic and
lethal?

The clip of the yob getting caught is superb. I had seen it before but
I may send a copy to them now.