Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default need ideas for feeding a trommel sifter

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:26:02 -0700,
wrote:

Hi,

Here's a motorized compost trommel sifter I built:

http://steveandlizthompson.shutterfly.com/

It works great, but after loading two yards through it with a shovel,
I looked at my tractor with a FEL, and thought that there must be an
easier way!

snip

You might try looking at "chopper wagons". They use a manure
style chain/bar conveyor in the main bed and a
smaller/narrower version right in front. The front part,
maybe even just the drop-chute might work for you. If
nothing else maybe give you some ideas. Here is a picture or
two of chopper wagons:

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/grd/1350784633.html

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/grd/1352442913.html

--