Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default NM cable in garage?

wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:36:31 -0400, "benick"
wrote:

True , you can half ass anything I guess...It's your garage and your money
to waste and your hide that will be scraped off if you rub against it with
bare skin...LOL..

have you used the stuff? I have. In a rec room and bathroom. 2 coats
of primer, one of paint, and it is just about perfect. The fiberglass
surface is about as smooth as craft paper. And half ass?
OSB is half ass.

I have used it MANY times.....Mostly in rooms with an inside pool of some
sort or hot tub or VERY wet basements.and perhaps you think it is fine just
half assed done and just painted but that doesn't fly in the "real' world
and I doubt it would fly with you if you were paying to have it done..Must
be fun TRYING to sand the chattered edges of the mudded areas..But you
probably didn't bother to sand it either..What did you do texture the mudded
areas to match the rough fiberglass face ??? If not you would see EVERY
smooth spot you mudded.....But I'm sure it looks "fine"...Especially with
the lights out , right ?? LOL......NEVER seen or used it in a garage in 20
odd years of drywall work...OTOH I have seen and done HUNDREDS of garages
with sheetrock...1/2 and or 5/8....I agree on OSB...It SUCKS as a wall
covering....