Posted to uk.d-i-y
airsmoothed airsmoothed is offline

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

On Sep 15, 10:54 am, Huge wrote:
On 2009-09-15, Andy Burns wrote:

On 15/09/09 09:39, airsmoothed wrote:
On Sep 14, 8:26 pm, Andy wrote:
On 14/09/09 16:30, NT wrote:

is a spare not a legal requirement any more?

Don't think it ever has been (however of you do carry a spare it has to
be in legal condition).

As pointed out in the link above, a spare tyre does NOT have to be
legal :-

"Tyres fitted to the road wheels only. The vehicle presenter should
be informed when it is noticed that there is a defective tyre on a
spare wheel."

Oh well, another one to chalk up as urban legend then.

I've been labouring under that particular misapprehension for several
decades, also. And I was told it by an MOT tester... God, the number
of times I took out spare wheels for MOTs, in the days when I had no
money and ran ratty old bangers.

--
"I saw Lon Cheney walking with the Queen."
http://hyperangry.blogspot.com/

LOL, same here, must've done my back no end of good lifting spare
wheels out for no good reason. :-/