Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Fixed

On Sep 15, 11:11*am, Ray K wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Another suggestion. Get some very heavy aluminum duct tape. The adhesive is very
strong. Clean both surfaces with acetone or similar, and tape it on with a
couple layers.

I should have thought of that, especially since I have a roll in the
attic. I cut a length long enough to go around everything, then slit it
into thirds, each about 3/4" wide. I propped the tank on wood blocks,
then wrapped it three times. Here are the results:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9027891...00/3923322554/

Next week after a hour of lawn-cutting, we'll see how well it holds up
to vibration. If it doesn't, Joe's excellent idea for the daisy-chaining
zip ties is next.

Thanks to all.

Ray

Watch it, we're bordering on Red Neck Lawn Mower territory here!