Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default OT - Lug nuts

In article
,
stan wrote:

As they say cut the cloth to fit the situation. My father once knew a
very affluent/influential, person (Lord ....Sir Somebody Hunt?) IIRC,
who used to take an older smaller car and wear an old raincoat to his
business meetings; rather than take his family's Roll Royce. He said
it attracted less attention away from the business at hand, and
nothing was ever stolen form the smaller/cheaper car. Maybe there's a
lesson there?

Yeah, the lesson is, Rolls are meant to stay parked. Years ago I dated a
woman whose father had one. He mostly drove a station wagon with fake
wood grain sides. Every time he took the Rolls out of the garage, it
broke down within a few miles.