Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default OT and further to cutting hole in glass bottle!!!

With my apology for OT.

I have a section of the shore portion of the first Transatlantic
'Telephone' cable (Not Cyrus Fields 1850s 'Telegraph' cable) that went
into operation in 1956 between Oban Scotland and Shoal Harbour
Newfoundland. I picked it up personally as a scrap item, at a repeater
site (Of the Newfoundland to North Sydney, Nova Scotia, portion), in
1956.

Wish to slice the short section, a few inches long, into thin slices
and mount each 'slice' (probably by gluing?) on small plaques to make
a presentation item; to telecommunication industry retirees etc..

Could anyone suggest best method and or direct to a 'hobbyist/model-
makers' news group for advice.

Thank you for your forbearance of my question; but there is so much
help and knowledge/skill available here. Many thanks.