Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Skunks breeding next door

On Sep 14, 4:55*pm, Bert Byfield wrote:
I agee that shooting works. * Another thing is that even skunks
don't like the smell of ammonia, if you want to toss over a poorly
sealed containter *of ammonia, or squirt ammonia with a
pressurized pump tank sprayer, they may move on.
Standard precautions apply: gloves, googles, etc.

No amount of gloves and goggles would make me think it was a good idea
to squirt smelly stuff on a skunk. They are better at this game than we
are.

Um, you don't need to apply the ammonia directly to the skunk... just
the area where they are hiding.

It'd be rare to see a skunk during the day anyway. They like to come
out at the dim part of dusk.