Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Concrete Steps are Done - Thanks Everyone

In article 0,
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

On Sun 13 Sep 2009 11:41:08p, Kate told us...

I posted a few weeks back.

I had a redwood deck/steps leading to my front door and I was tired of
having to treat it every summer.

It was all ripped out, and new concrete was poured and the job was
finished on Saturday. I am very, very pleased with the results.

Now, I have one more question.

I am going to have someone install a powder coated aluminum railing and
handrail. How long do I have to wait to bolt this new railing into the
newly poured concrete? I just don't want to crack it.

Many thanks again.

Kate

I missed your earlier posts and would be very interested in how you
constructed your concrete steps.

TIA

I followed most of her earlier posts, and still never figured out why
she didn't incorporate the railing or mounting brackets when she poured
the steps. It's not like the railings were an afterthought.