Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter smith Peter smith is offline

Default Sds drills at B&Q

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Peter smith wrote:
I was after a new SDS recently and went to B&Q and found a sds + drill
called the macallister 950watt sds drill, about 4kg at a guess, not
overly heavy and easy to use, chisels with hammer, drills, drills with
hammer and just drills modes, blwo moulded case, 13mm standard drill
chuck and key all for £79.99p

I was going to go with the Ryobi 6y50 watt one for the same price, but
after holding one of these and having a play it felt built to last,
and more importantly drilled beautyfully and effortlessly. I put up a
sat dish today, effortless and mounted a ceiling hook for a punch bag
for my teenage son who thinks hes rocky this month, effortless.

So far day one gets the thumbs up from me, and for £79.99 a bargain
I'd say. Although I have never heard of the brand, so took a chance.
Chap in B&Q said there good, but thats the sales bod who no doubt
doesn;t know what day of the week it is.

Macallister is B&Q's own brand, like Cooke & Lewis kitchens & stuff.

Also comes with a 3 year guraentee.

Anyone any thoughts on this drill or macalister products ?

In general full of unecessary bells & whistles at the expense of basic
components.

I'll have a little google of them now I think. But very impressed with
weigth and drilling capabilities, really is top notch.

Any SDS drill is a godsend. Enjoy.

I struggled and nearly killed my arm lol using my bosch hammer drill to
get some fittings into the kitchen wall. Taking near an hour to drill 3
fittings!!! Today I used the above drill took me 3 mins with little
effort. So thats me happy, and in the wifes good books

My first sds always wanted one, and decided to get one as I had a few
jobs to do at home.