Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default Bosch Washing Machine Breakdown

"Dave Baker" wrote in message

"RedOnRed" wrote in message
Hi,

Our Bosch washing machine broke down yesterday. As luck wouldn't have it
the 5 year warranty
expired on the 12th and the machine on the 13th. Guess they call that the
law of Sod.

It's completely dead - no lights or anything. I've checked the plug and
socket which are OK. Any ideas
as to what sort of fault it could be?

Cheers.

First thing to do would be to check any internal fuse if you're sure the
one in the plug is ok. If there is one it should be close behind where the
power cord goes in. If not then the primary board could have blown which
is probably not cost effective to replace. Most other faults would at
least leave some lights on I think.

Not wishing to hijack your thread but it's made me wonder how old my
Hotpoint is now which is still going strong apart from a broken plastic
settings knob. I just switch it on with pliers now. I can't exactly
remember when I bought it but I hadn't been in this house very long and I
do remember the car I had to collect it with and looking up my records I
ran that between mid 1989 and mid 1991. Call it 19 years old. Mind you it
only gets used once a week or so and a family with kids could be doing
washes twice a day or more. On that basis it's barely 18 months old.
Somehow I don't think it'll last another 40 years though.

Modern ones have too much expensive crap inside them to last a decent time
just like modern central heating boilers. I think mine is all clockwork
inside. No circuit boards at all or at worst just rudimentary ones.

Unbe****inglievable. I put the very next load in after posting this and it
comes back out still dirty. The heating element has gone apparently as the
door is cold to the touch while it's washing. Actually it's probably not the
element or the thing would never get to the wash cycle. More likely the
sensor that says it's hot enough. Can I be arsed to take it apart or just
buy a new one?

That's the last time I tempt fate on here. At least the car never breaks
down and the house is sound as a bell and I never get ill....

Oops.
--
Dave Baker