Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default What spirit level?

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:02:03 +0100, Tim S wrote:
Interestingly I've just checked my 4' Forge Steel level and it's miles out
on a reversal test.

Hmm yes... interesting that they can go out of calibration. I suppose if
the glass envelope is short and only supported at the ends, any tiny
change will put it way out.

I've got a big ol' 4' level back in storage in the UK - must get it
shipped over sometime. I'm surviving on a 2' plastic-fantastic one here
(plus the little one built into my set-square).

My Wickes 2'er is bang on though and so, by cross checking is my laser.

Laser? How posh and new-fangled of you.

cheers

Jules