Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default What spirit level?

Jules coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:01:44 -0700, 1501 wrote:

On 14 Sep, 22:47, Limey Lurker wrote:
the lenses have some spherical aberration which causes

the lines to curve.

Really? How the Hell does that happen, then?

Presumably, close proximity to a black hole.

Or a very fat person. Careful the level doesn't fall into orbit around
them.

Interestingly I've just checked my 4' Forge Steel level and it's miles out
on a reversal test.

It's been abused and I usually use it as a straight edge and for rough jobs
(because it's cheap), so not sure if it was always dodgey.

My Wickes 2'er is bang on though and so, by cross checking is my laser.

Cheers

Tim