Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default OT - Lug nuts

ddl@danlan.*com (Dan Lanciani) wrote in
:

In article m,
(Jules) writes:

| And a sufficiently-organized group probably has a whole array of
| different shaped keys at their disposal...

I've always thought that one of those "universal" sockets or a big
stud extractor might do the trick. There used to be a type of lug nut
lock that took an actual key in the center. Until it was unlocked the
outside just spun. This seemed conceptually neater than a
funny-shaped nut but I'm afraid it might not stand up to being hit
with a hammer...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

you can buy sockets at Harbor Freight for removing wheel locks when you
don't have a key.Just like you can buy "slim jims" at Advance Auto Parts
for opening locked car doors.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik