Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Harris Art Harris is offline

Default Clogged toilet (yes, for the billionth time). RESOLVED!

bob haller wrote:
if toilet swirls and doesnt flush solids, but flushes solids fine if
you use a bucket the interior passages are likely clogged easily
solved with 5 bucks of acid and 15 minutes of time no disassembly
necessary

Bingo! I tried the bucket flush and it worked great! A check of the
internal passage confirmed a significant blockage. So now I know what
the problem is.

Thanks for tip. I would never have thought of that.

How does the acid treatment work? Does water need to be drained from
the toilet? How much acid and what kind are needed?

Art Harris