Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:54:34 +0000, Huge wrote:
"Tyres fitted to the road wheels only. The vehicle presenter should
be informed when it is noticed that there is a defective tyre on a
spare wheel."

Oh well, another one to chalk up as urban legend then.

I've been labouring under that particular misapprehension for several
decades, also. And I was told it by an MOT tester... God, the number
of times I took out spare wheels for MOTs, in the days when I had no
money and ran ratty old bangers.

Interesting... me too. I thought I'd remembering seeing it in the highway
code, too ("if you have a spare it needs to be legal, but it's not a legal
requirement to carry one")

And now I'm in a part of the world where they don't even *have* MOTs...

cheers

Jules