Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Evans Graham Evans is offline

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

In article ,
says...

I'd guess the gunge would be ineffective for a puncture caused by severe
kerbing or hitting a large stone? And you wouldn't want to ruin a tyre
with it if just a small relatively slow puncture.

Had a puncture which I tried to repair using this "gunk". The hole was
made by a small nail on the top of the tyre which left hardly a mark.

End result the gunk was blown out of the hole by the compressor and the
tyre was still flat. Had to call the RAC who made a temporary repair to
get me to a local tyre fitter (on holiday in Devon).

Because I had used this crap the tyre could not be repaired which would
have been about 15 quid, instead I had to buy a new tyre, in fact two
because I needed to match them. So a 15 quid repair cost me in the end
230 quid! The car is a new Mazda 6 by the way