Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Concrete Steps are Done - Thanks Everyone

On Sep 14, 11:35*am, Joe wrote:
On Sep 14, 12:23*pm, fftt wrote:

snip
If I were continuing with your contractors design, I'd wait at least
28 days, drill with a small (light hammer blows) rotary hammer & set
stainless steel bolts

Using a small diamond drill would have zero impact. I've even used a
small carbide hole saw in old concrete and had good results, although
not as fast as a diamond type.

using either SIKA Sikadur AnchorFix #1 (super fast set) or AnchorFix #3 (slow set).

Wasn't it the fast set epoxy that failed in the Boston Tunnel project?

Joe

Yes ....... a fast set epoxy did fail in the Boston "Big Dig"
"tunnel" disaster

BUT that was with Boston workmanship & Boston inspection.....plus its
a much different application than Kate's railing anchoring

cheers
Bob