Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default OT - Lug nuts

Tegger wrote:
Kate wrote in -
september.org:

I just got a new car and the wheels do not have lug nuts on them.

Do I need to be concerned about the wheels being stolen?

You can be 100% certain your wheels DO have lug nuts; they are just covered
up to make the wheel look prettier. Lug nuts have been required by law
since 1968 (no I'm not kidding).

If you look closely, you'll probably find there's a plastic cover on the
face of the wheel. This hides the lug nuts.

Your Owner's Manual will give this information in great detail, complete
with diagrams and instructions on how to get the cover off.

What kind of car is this, anyway?

Hey thank you so much. Yes, there is a cover on the face of the wheel.
I called the dealer and was told this info. He said I don't need a key
because any car repair place, including Les Schwab knows how to get the
lug nut off.

This is a Lincoln MKS. I had a Mark VIII once, and it had a key to it.

Many thanks.