Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Lug nuts

Kate wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Kate wrote:
I just got a new car and the wheels do not have lug nuts on them.

Do I need to be concerned about the wheels being stolen?

Would you live with it the way it is, or pay $45 for four keyed or
locking lug nuts?

Everyone is always so helpful so I wanted to post here even though
it is off topic.

Where are you going to PUT these $45 locking lug nuts? In the glove
box? As to whether you should worry about the wheels being stolen, that
depends on the neighborhood where the car is parked and the value of
the wheels. For sufficiently valuable wheels in an unmonitored
location, the thieves may take an acetylene torch to the axles.

You lost me. I would put one on each wheel. I don't have any
and the wheels sell for about $180 ea. Just thought I would ask.

Okay, let me try this again. You say you don't have any lug nuts on the car.
Aside from the obvious question of just what in the world is holding the
wheels ON the car, where would you put these new lug nuts inasmuch as there
doesn't seem to be anywhere in the neighbor of the tires TO put them.