Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stevethompson@mindlessspring.com is offline

Default need ideas for feeding a trommel sifter

Hi,

Here's a motorized compost trommel sifter I built:

http://steveandlizthompson.shutterfly.com/

It works great, but after loading two yards through it with a shovel,
I looked at my tractor with a FEL, and thought that there must be an
easier way!

But I'm stuck. How to create a system that is loaded by the FEL to
feed the sifter? Conveyor belt, corkscrew in a trough, modified small
grain silo? I'm a hobby welder with no industrial experience, and I
don't know where to look for ideas.

I've got a pvc pipe, 6 feet long, 18 inches in diameter, 1/2 inch
walls, that I could rip to create a trough. I even thought of
modifying a post hole auger, but it's not long enough. Any ideas
feasible for a DIYer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve