Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Substitute for outdoor garbage can lid

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:11:40 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

mm wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
mm wrote:

If I could buy a lid by itself, I would gladly do it, but if I
bought a lid, it would come with a can and then I'd have two cans
and one lid.

Are you sure? Have you actually called or visited your local stores
to verify that?

No. I'm pretty sure they won't sell them separately, but no. Okay,
I'll check.

This could be one of those situations where you cash in one of your
karma chips and swipe someone else's lid at 2 a.m., from at least a
mile away of course.

Wait a second. A few seconds ago, I was buying one at a store. I
don't think I have any karm chips that lete me swipe one.

I bought just a lid at a local store once. The clerk said she thought it
would be okay, asked a manager, and he said it was no problem, and that they
do occasionally sell the lids without the cans.

Well, it certainly makes sense, from a customer's pov. I just have to
find a store that sells this model, but there are a lot of them around
here so I think I'll be able to, and then hope they will do the same
for me. Probably will, I guess.

Thanks.

Jon