Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Garbage Disposal Problem

On Sep 14, 5:55�pm, "Walter R." wrote:
When I turn on my garbage disposal I can hear the motor spin up, and down
when I turn it on/off.

The turntable with the hammers is not spinning, though. �The table plus
hammers kind of wobbles around in the grinding chamber when I poke at it
with a stick. It seem loose. Maybe not connected to the motor drive shaft??

Water flows freely through the unit.

Any ideas for repairs or do I buy a new one? It is 25 years old.

Any recommended brand?

Thanks

--
Walterwww.rationality.net
-

buy a new one, they arent worth messing with.

just buy a mid price any brand, the cheapest anything is usually built
for cheap, the highest price to atrtract the high end $$$ buyer.

thus mid priced stuff is usually the best for all around value