Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Please find these plumbing parts...

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I've searched a few plumbing sites, but couldn't find what I was
looking for. Maybe you guys that know the plumbing sites better than
me can help out.

I'm looking for either a 3 1/2" to 1 1/2" rubber expansion reducer for
a cast iron cleanout or a combination of a rubber plug and a PVC
reducer to fit the same. I need to run a 1 1/2" sink drain into the
reducer.

HD carries and 4" to 3" reducer plug and a PVC 3" to 1 1/2" reducer,
but my cleanout is 3 1/2".

The threads on the cleanout are shot so a cast iron plug only catches
the first thread or so. In addition, the bottom of the angled cleanout
is below the concrete slab so the large nut-shape rim of the cast iron
plug that my local parts store carries hits the floor before *any*
threads can catch.

I had a smaller (no large nut-shape rim) 1 piece cast iron reducer
that I had to break out to snake the drain and no one seems to carry a
matching part. I bought that reducer many years ago at the same store
I went to yesterday but they said that parts for 3 1/2" cast iron are
getting harder to find.

The part you are searching for is called a Double Tapped Bushing. In your
case you are looking for a 3 1/2 x 1 1/2 Double Tapped Bushing.

They are still made and used in the petroleum and irrigation businesses.
Here is a link to one manufacturers line:
http://www.morbros.com/PDF/Fliers/184-f-01.pdf

--
Colbyt