Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toyota Auris, no spare wheel

On 14/09/09 14:26, Jonathan Campbell wrote:

Surprise. No spare. Just an electric pump (which is good and which I've
always carried anyway, even in a car with a spare) and a bottle of gunge.

My Honda Accord has the same, might be OK if you pick up a nail and get
a slow puncture, but didn't help me a jot when I had a puncture on the
M1, where by the time you've pulled gently over to the hard shoulder all
you've got left is a smoking shell of a tyre no amount of gunge will
help - the car's warranty did include recovery to the nearest garage
with a suitable tyre in stock.