Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fluorescent Not Starting At Initial Turnons ?

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 05:24:39 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Put up the typical four foot (2 bulb) fluorescent light over my workbench.
Bought at HD.

Sometimes it takes, literally 3 or 4 tries turning the AC switch on and

off
before it lights and stays lit. Other times, rarely, it'll catch on the
first turn-on.

Is this, likely, a bulb(s) problem or something wrong (like made too
cheaply) a Ballast problem.

Is this a typical problem ?

I have had really bad luck with Lights of America brand. If it that is what
you have return for a different brand. If you have another brand I would
just try returning for replacement.

Try grounding it first.