Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Concrete Steps are Done - Thanks Everyone

Joe wrote:
On Sep 14, 1:41 am, Kate wrote:
I posted a few weeks back.

I had a redwood deck/steps leading to my front door and I was tired of
having to treat it every summer.

It was all ripped out, and new concrete was poured and the job was
finished on Saturday. I am very, very pleased with the results.

Now, I have one more question.

I am going to have someone install a powder coated aluminum railing and
handrail. How long do I have to wait to bolt this new railing into the
newly poured concrete? I just don't want to crack it.

Many thanks again.

Kate

If you use Tapcons, Redheads or any stress anchored devices, the
concrete must cure for months. The neat approach is to bore holes for
the fasteners and use the commercial epoxy made for that purpose to
anchor the bolts in place (stainless steel preferred). Contractors
routinely do that on even fairly fresh concrete with good effect.
With bolts in place the railing can be installed the next day.

Joe

Thank you Joe.