Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Elmo[_5_] Elmo[_5_] is offline

Default Lowe's Lousy Inventory

Larry Caldwell wrote:
In article ,
(Jon Danniken) says...
When the local Lowes went up earlier this year I stopped by to check it out.
On the front door was a large welcome sign in both English and Spanish.
This theme was repeated throughout the store.

Now I'm pretty sure the last time I checked that this was still America, and
that immigrants to this country should understand English if they wish to
live here. Apparently not to the executives at Lowes.

I walked out of that store within five minutes of walking into it, and I
will never set foot in it again.

Since I speak both English and Spanish, that would be helpful to me, in
that I can brush up on my building supply vocabulary in Spanish.
Unfortunately, the local Lowes is all English, though it was only built
about 5 years ago.

We had a Lowes that was about 10 years old. They built a newer one a little
ways away where they could make it bigger (and by chance be right across the
road from where Home Depot was putting in a store). The new Lowes had the
bilingual signs. My guess is that they're made in bulk -- and shipped to the
stores as needed.

I was very happy to have the large Spanish speaking population in Texas when
I was there -- made it much easier to find good Mexican food than where I
live now. I also see no reason to blame the people who are providing cheap
labor to corporate America right here in the USA. It saves them the cost of
shipping those jobs overseas and increases shareholder equity.

--
No patriarchal institution has acquired greater legal
entitlement than has the giant corporation. When We