Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Grizzly Grizzly is offline

Default Lowe's Lousy Inventory

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I had much the same impression, the couple time I've been in
Lowe's. I wish people would learn to speak American, which
is noticably different than English.

North America is a continent. The predominant language of North America
is English. Mexico and Central and South America are also part of the
Americas and the language spoken there is predominantly Spanish.
Mexicans and South and Central Americans are speaking "American" too,
just not the language you happen to prefer. They are here to stay, and
their kids are learning to speak fluent English. In a generation or two
they will assimilate just as people of other nationalities have. My
Italian great grandmother never learned English even though she lived
here for over 20 years. My grandmother was fluent in Italian and English
and My father could understand Italian and German, but was only fluent
in English. I can recognize a few words of Italian, only because I took
a latin based language in grade school: Spanish. It doesn't hurt to
broaden your horizons a bit and learn a little bit of another language.
You may be surprised at how well it will serve you some day. America is
a melting pot, people who come here do eventually learn the language, it
doesn't happen immediately, it sometimes takes a generation or two, but
eventually they assimilate.