Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lowe's Lousy Inventory

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:41:12 -0700, Doug
wrote:

AL wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
[...]
.... I've been to Lowe's in about five states (north and south) over
the last couple of years (while visiting relatives, and being drafted
to help with projects), and every single one had the English/Spanish
signs. I assumed it was chain-wide.

I think you are right, it is chain-wide.

What seems odd to me is why there is no outcry about "profiling" - I
mean, I would expect stores operating in the US where English is the
predominant language to use English for their signs, but why target
Mexicans as the "other" shoppers? - that's profiling, plain & simple.
What about Austrian speaking peoples? ("Austrian language" as being
recently discovered by our president).

AL

The city I live in, Fremont, CA., has over 60 languages and dialects
present. There wouldn't be any room for merchandise if they had to
provide signage for all. Big Grin. I don't even register on the other
language signs anymore. I see the ones I understand and that's about it.

Are all the Fremont street signs printed in 60 languages too? Or, is
it required to read English to get a driver's license?