Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Lowe's Lousy Inventory

Larry Caldwell wrote:
In article ,
(Jon Danniken) says...
When the local Lowes went up earlier this year I stopped by to check it out.
On the front door was a large welcome sign in both English and Spanish.
This theme was repeated throughout the store.

Now I'm pretty sure the last time I checked that this was still America, and
that immigrants to this country should understand English if they wish to
live here. Apparently not to the executives at Lowes.

I walked out of that store within five minutes of walking into it, and I
will never set foot in it again.

Since I speak both English and Spanish, that would be helpful to me, in
that I can brush up on my building supply vocabulary in Spanish.
Unfortunately, the local Lowes is all English, though it was only built
about 5 years ago.

That surprises me. I've been to Lowe's in about five states (north and
south) over the last couple of years (while visiting relatives, and
being drafted to help with projects), and every single one had the
English/Spanish signs. I assumed it was chain-wide.

--
aem sends...