Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default Mouse deterrents

"Peter Scott" wrote in message

Now I see Ultrasonic Mouse Deterrents that just plug into a nearby
socket (I have several in the loft) and claim to affect a large area.

Use correctly ultrasonic repellers do work.

i keep pet rats, and had a friend who swore by those ultrasonic repellers,

so i got him to bring one of them round to our house one day, and he pluged
it in to the socket oposite the rats cage,

2 of the rattiew were asleep, other 2 had been playing in the bottom, when
the devise was turned on, the sleeping ratties stayed sleeping, the ones who
were playing stopped playing and rose up on their haunches, swiveling their
ears around, they pinpointed the devise and came to the cage bars to
investigate,

i opened the cage door, and they both climbed out and walked over to the
devise to sniff at it, it in no way bothered them, they were deffinately
hearing something from it, but it deffinately did not produce the result my
friend was expecting,

My dog came in later on whilst it was still operating, she sniffed it as she
would a new thing in the house, but showed even less interest in it than the
ratties,

we got the bat detector out, and it does indeed produce an ultrasonic noise,
but pet rats at least arent bothered by the noise it produces.