Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

Default Mouse deterrents

In article ,
Andy Champ wrote:
JTM wrote:

Dormouse doesn't go for the same
bait as the rats and mice, but makes a mess of soft furnishings.

I really hope you aren't killing dormice, and it's something you've
confused with them. They are protected under the wildlife and
countryside act, substantial fines for even disturbing them!

Andy

No not the (common, usually shrub dwelling) dormouse, but its cousin the
garden dormouse (Lérot) which is not protected. They sometimes wait and
allow themselves to be picked up when we find them inside the house, but
from experience I've found they need depositing about 1/2 a mile or more
away.

Also the 'fat dormice' occasionaly. Fortunately no grey squirrels here.

John (in France)

--
John Mulrooney

The greatest fault is to be conscious of none.