Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogged toilet (yes, for the billionth time). RESOLVED!

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 06:39:13 -0700 (PDT), Art Harris
wrote:

John wrote:
Two weeks ago I wrote about my trials and tribulations regarding a toilet that wouldn't flush any solids.

After reading all of the suggestions, I figured it would be easier to
just replace thetoiletand see what happens.

Interesting. I have a toilet with the same problem as your old one:
Sluggish and won't flush solids.

I have suspected that the problem is not with the toilet, but with the
vent or drain pipe.

Since the toilet used to flush fine, what would account for a decrease
in flushing power? Is there a standard method of isolating the
problem? You were lucky, but I'd hate to replace the toilet only to
find that the real problem was something else.

Art Harris

Roto Router.

Or a plumber's snake.