Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Harris Art Harris is offline

Default Clogged toilet (yes, for the billionth time). RESOLVED!

John wrote:
Two weeks ago I wrote about my trials and tribulations regarding a toilet that wouldn't flush any solids.

After reading all of the suggestions, I figured it would be easier to
just replace thetoiletand see what happens.

Interesting. I have a toilet with the same problem as your old one:
Sluggish and won't flush solids.

I have suspected that the problem is not with the toilet, but with the
vent or drain pipe.

Since the toilet used to flush fine, what would account for a decrease
in flushing power? Is there a standard method of isolating the
problem? You were lucky, but I'd hate to replace the toilet only to
find that the real problem was something else.

Art Harris