Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Skunks breeding next door

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 08:54:35 -0400, Van Chocstraw
wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
The house next to mine is abandoned and skunks are living under the
rotten deck, or perhaps even inside the house. I don't care about
that, but now my back deck smells of skunk when the wind blows a
certain direction. I called the City Animal Control and they said
they can't do anything about it since it is not my property. Then I
called the city manager and someone came out to take a look, but that
was 3 months ago. The owner is paid up with property tax so the city
will not do anything. I'd prefer not to break any laws. Am I stuck?
We have red fox and hawks, but not sure if they will bother a skunk.

You could rile up the skunks and make them stink so much that the owner
would have to do something about it.

No person lives there, the house is empty, abandoned, and has been
falling apart the last 7 years. The smell does not bother the owner,
he lives in another house, in another town. I thought the city may
(or maybe should) do something about it. Now I know the city's
primary function is to collect property taxes, anything else is
secondary. I need some kind of "action line" to know what can be
done. I'd prefer not to **** off the owner, if that is possible.