Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gordon Henderson Gordon Henderson is offline

Default Mouse deterrents

In article ,
S Viemeister wrote:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

Peanut butter and raisins are good baits as I recall.

Peanut butter goes rancid, Nutella doesn't (it doesn't even go
mouldy!...) Raisins are good for sticking on the prongs of a back
breaker type trap.

We've had good luck with small chunks of dark chocolate.

The "trick" I found is that you've got to wire it on - especially with
the cheap wooden & metal traps - otherwise they will take the bait and get
away wit it ... Sweet things seem to work - rasins, dates (most dried
fruit) and chocolate... I've never actualy tried cheese! But whatever
works for you, wire it on. Instant death via broken neck. Very humane.

What is in Nutella that it never goes off...? Glad I don't eat it!!!

Gordon