Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Perkin Richard Perkin is offline

Default Backing Plate For Wall Lights

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in
:

I have just fitted some replacement wall lights, they look OK but
would look better if they had some sort of backing plate behind
them, bit like a decorative ceiling rose but oval shaped.

If I could find something in wood it might make fitting these
lights a lot easier as well.

I have used wooden pattresses to fit ceiling lights in a period home.
Not used them for wall lights, but the place we bought them from also
does oval ones. Not cheap, but they do look the part:
http://www.periodfeatures.net/acatalog/Mounting_blocks.html

Hope this helps

--
Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.