Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Mint Mint is offline

Default Lowe's Lousy Inventory

On Sep 12, 10:20*pm, "benick" wrote:
"Mint" wrote in message

On Sep 12, 7:48 pm, "benick" wrote:

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message

. ..

I went to Lowe's today to pick up an assortment of materials; a 1 micron
water filter, a toilet handle, a tube of butyl calk, a gallon of Snow
Roof, a 3" self-closing RV trailer dump fitting, and a 3x2 curb mount
Velux skylight.

I ended up getting the toilet handle. None of the other items were in
stock. What kind of building supply store doesn't stock butyl calk?
Last month I went there looking for a quad 20 breaker, and they didn't
stock those either. The irritating thing is that, when Lowes built
their store, a local building supply went out of business, but I could
buy all the stuff at the local building supply in one stop.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.

Ahhh , must be time for a Big Box Bash-a-Thon....Been a few weeks so I
guess
it's time...The Big Box Haters need an "atta boy" now and then from other
haters to keep that "warm and fuzzy feeling" going...It most usually
happens
after passing a full Home Depot , Lowes or Walmart parking lot and they
get
that "left out feeling" or feel they are missing something...An "atta boy"
from others that refuse to shop at the big boxes and a few BS horror
stories
(like the one above) about past experiences and the left out feeling
dissipates , for a while.... Therapy for BBDS ..(Big Box Derangement
Syndrome)

I see nothing wrong by reporting their experiences and most has some
positive items as well.

With competition prices are generally fair.

A lot of people are pretty smart about shopping around for the best
prices and availability.
I ask lots of questions like, "Do you see many returns for service
issues for Brand X cordless bacon cooker?"

Customer service is right up there with price in my priorities.

One large retailer showed poor service one too many times for me and
they lost me for life.

When I was a manager at a large clothing retailer, managers learned
some good material on how to treat customers.

If a customer has a good experience, he may tell 2 or 3 others about
the good experience.
If he/she has a bad experience, they will on average tell 10 others
about it.

Almost forgot. Do you work for a big box store? :-)

Take care,
Andy

No , I am a Drywall Contractor....SWMBO is a manager at Walmart
though...Good health insurance....Why do you ask ???..I just find BBDS
sufferers amusing , especially the remarks about how stupid folks are for
shopping at Big Boxes and how smart they are for not shopping
there.....LOL...Capitolism is what it is....Lead , follow or get out of the
way....

By the way...We have a Homedepot and Lowes and not one single
lumber/hardware store of the 6 or so around (not counting all the other
plumbing , electical supply houses and garden centers , ect. have gone
under...

I live in Pearland, Texas and I have a Loew's and Home Depot within 5
miles.

I also have an ACE hardware where you get great service and good
advice and the employees aren't playing hide-and-seek when you are
looking for help. :-)

There are also another 2 locally owned hardware stores that have been
here at least 20 years.

It nice to go into a store and the employees smile and actually like
working there.

Hurricane Ike did a big number on the fences in my area, Friendswood,
Alvin, and Houston.
I have had plenty of fence jobs. :-)

Take care,
Andy